Sunday, June 5, 2011

First Post

Clay finger puppet and bead rings, all handmade by me

Today I received my second rejection letter ever. It was for a short story (sci-fi). The previous was for a non-English piece of flash fiction submitted to a newspaper.

Of course I made excuses (
I can't write well in other languages; it was only my first attempt at science fiction) but it's still pretty terrible. Two doesn't sound like that many, but I only quit my last office job (in editing and copywriting) five months ago, and have been spending much of this time reading, taking ballet class 2 to 3 times a week, doing crafts...

and not writing enough.

So I hope that starting this blog will motivate me to do more with each day, and most of all, distract me from the rejection slips.

On a happier note, the bunny finger puppet I've been using as my Etsy avatar (sloppily pasted over my face in a photo :P) has lured in a potential first buyer! I hope to make this bunny a friend very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment